- Packages is a listed company in all the stock exchanges of Pakistan.
- It is having the best positive brand image & reputation for quality packaging products in Pakistan.
- It is having the most advanced, sophisticated & up to date machinery in Pakistan
- Due to mass production the cost is reduced and the company enjoys economies of scales.
- It has ISO 9001quality assurance certificates in five different lines or divisions.
- The company has a modernized (RD&C) Department, which is fully equipped and can compete any RD&C department of any foreign company.
- It is enjoying approximately 25% market share, which is greater than any other company in this business.
- Cannot take small orders.
- Lack of motivation & intrinsic reward orientation among the management.
- Mostly, the orders are not completed on time, due to the communication gap between the marketing people and the production people.
- There is high employee turnover in particular in the executives’ posts; the promotion process is very slow in the company.
- Sales executives are involve in just managing their current portfolio and no attention is being given in attracting new customers and huge customers of Punjab has been left untapped
- Being one of the best packaging manufacturers in the Asia, Packages Limited has great opportunity in the export market in theMiddle Eastand other third world countries.
- As yet, there is no rival company within the country at the level of Packages Limited, the market share and capacity of production can be enhanced.
- Quality awareness & consciousness among the customers are increasing.
- Taxation policies of government are causing reduction in profitability.
- The use of offset packaging is decreasing day by day, due to greater use of Polyethylene and disposable packaging.
- Entry of new competitors
Impacts Of Financial Crisis
The severe financial crisis all over the world caused huge losses to all the organization. Packages is also one of them. Here are some factors that impacted the most
High Electricity Rates
One of the major problems faced by the industry is that the electricity prices are very high. The Packages has their own electricity plant that saves a lot of money, taxes and provides maximum consistency in their power supply.
Devaluation of Pakistani currency extremely, increases the operating and fixed costs .The Company has to important various machinery and R&D technologies, so value of money counts a lot.
Inflation is the most crucial factor for the survival and growth of any company. As Pakistan is suffering with high inflation since years , therefore all the factors of production become expensive and increases the cost of products .It has affected the sales of the Packages as well as for other similar industries.