Studies also link poor literacy to major health problems. The Canadian government spends nearly two billion dollars a year on medical treatments of patients who are admitted because they took their medications improperly.
. In my opinion, conservative economics have been responsible for ignoring education on state level. The conservative economics, fueled by the work of Adam Smith introduced the concept of free markets.
Similarly, liberal economics also failed to promote the education on a level which was required to live sustainably. In conclusion, both of them failed to promote the education on state level and the effects have started creeping in now as the resources have started to show signs of exhaustion in addition to the global economic and financial turmoil.
Literacy: The Biggest Problem of Peterborough
and most importantly, personal finances.
• According to the Ontario Literacy Coalition and the Canadian Literacy and Learning Network (Low literacy levels affect everyone, 2011):
• People with inadequate literacy capabilities have a double probability to remain unemployed for the next seven to eight months.
• Around fifty percent of adults with lesser skills of literacy have low earnings compared to only eight percent of those with good literacy capabilities.
• Around sixty five percent of social-benefits receivers have bad literacy capabilities.
Adults with literacy issues in most case earn maximum up to only two thirds of the earnings earned by other adults who are good in The Problem:
• Literacy of the inhabitants of Peterborough directly affects each and every societal dimension of the community, from productivity to healthcare to economy etc. Poor literacy skills affects the people and their community adversely as a whole, and leads to reduced choices in employment, healthcare, primary and higher educationliteracy skills.